Bminer CUDA error DRIVER

Ok, I´ve updated my rig with RTX 2080Ti but the Bminer is not working properly.
It gives me this error:

CUDA error DRIVER: ‘2’ in func ‘bminer::cuckoo::CuckooStyleSolverCudaBase::InitializeCudaEnvironment’ line 68
[FATA] [2019-03-17T10:59:54-07:00] Fatal cuda error in GPU 1. Terminate soon…

The device manager is showing me both GPUs and that the drivers are up to date.
Tested both grin29 , grin31.bat in the default mode.
What is even more weird, that the grin29 miner worked 2-3 times, but then after restart it gives me the same bug. Any idea/similar issue? Thanks

** EDIT it already works with grin29 on f2pool, however the C31 is showing the same bug.

It´s a problem of different GPUs on 1 rig or it´s a problem of Bminer itself?

Are u using one of those GPUs for video output? If so you better use some other GPU (like Intel integrated graphics) to connect your monitor, for these 2080Tis to be completely free for mining.

No, I use integrated graphic for video output, GPUs are completely free for mining, so this is not the case.

Hello,
what version of Cuda are you using? 10? 9.2? 9.1?

I think the problem is that the version expected by the miner doesn’t match the one installed on your machine, mayby you have different CUDA and TOOLKIT versions, run this commands and put the outputs here please:

nvidia-smi

nvcc -V

Thanks, it definitely can be the issue. However, I am on Win10, not Ubuntu.
However 2, I am already also on fresh installed Ubuntu, so I´ll try to figure it out today :sweat_smile:

the nvidia-smi command at least, should run on windows!
the other one may fail…
but i did intend it for ubuntu! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am struggling now with this issue (on Ubuntu already) :zipper_mouth_face: :

Preparing to unpack …/86-nvidia-prime_0.8.8.2_all.deb …
Unpacking nvidia-prime (0.8.8.2) …
Errors were encountered while processing:

• /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-mvOnSP/30-libcublas-dev_10.1.0.105-1_amd64.deb*
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  • cuda-libraries-dev-10-1 : Depends: libcublas-dev (>= 10.1.0.105) but it is not installed*
  • cuda-samples-10-1 : Depends: libcublas-dev (>= 10.1.0.105) but it is not installed*
  • cuda-visual-tools-10-1 : Depends: libcublas-dev (>= 10.1.0.105) but it is not installed*
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt --fix-broken install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).
    E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
    E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?

*I am on Ubuntu 18.04.1

not sure if this can solve the issue:

The tips form Nvidia devtalk didn´t help me.
How did you guys install it successfully? No issues during install at all?
I think I have bad luck these days. :weary:

try this, AFTER purging everything:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wget
cd ~
mkdir grin
cd grin

wget https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu1804/x86_64/cuda-repo-ubuntu1804_10.1.105-1_amd64.deb

sudo apt-get install build-essential dkms
sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-ubuntu1804_10.1.105-1_amd64.deb
sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu1804/x86_64/7fa2af80.pub
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cuda
sudo reboot

cd grin

sudo apt-get install cuda-toolkit-10-1
export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-10.0/bin${PATH:+:${PATH}}
nvidia-smi
nvcc -V

Thanks, I´ll try that one, hopefully it will work.
If not, I am above to reinstall whole OS and try it again.
I´ve checked some other forum and realize, that to fix it, is maybe more difficult like to do it again and properly followed strictly by NVIDIA official install guide.

details here:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1045400/cuda-setup-and-installation/cuda-10-installation-problems-on-ubuntu-18-04/

you have to:

sudo apt-get purge nvidia*

first

OK, there was no other way… I’ve installed the whole OS and make it from scratch.
Now it’s finally done and the terminal is showing me nice attributes of 418.39 for driver version and 10.1 for CUDA.

I was going through the grin miner setup but when I wanted to finally start the miner, it showed me this :
~/mwgrinpool/grin-miner$ ./target/release/grin-miner
bash: ./target/release/grin-miner: No such file or directory
It’s acting like there is nothing in the folder… is there some antivirus that comes with Ubuntu or what? sorry I am on Linux 2 days, i know nothing about this OS, except the sudo command.
Anyway I hate this shitty miner from the beginning, I’ll definitely want to mine on Bminer.
Is there some step by step tutorial how to properly set Bminer on Ubuntu?
Thank you guys for support. These Ubuntu issues make me mad :tired_face:

in the folder, do a simple ls to list the contends…
wait… did you actually build the grin-miner? :sweat_smile:
you may get the prebuild versiton like this:

wget https://github.com/mimblewimble/grin-miner/releases/download/v1.0.2/grin-miner-v1.0.2-480780314-linux-amd64.tgz

tar -vxzf grin-miner-v1.0.2-480780314-linux-amd64.tgz
cd grin-miner-v1.0.2

nano grin-miner.toml

you gonna have to edit the .toml file to include your info from pool and setup for plugins, try to locate the RTX plugin and uncomment (remove the ‘#’) and add comment (put some ‘#’) on the one for CPU!

use Bminer tho, it’s faster!

Thanks for help, I appreciate that!
Yep, as I said, I’d rather use Bminer, but I found only tutorial for windows.
I didn’t have so much time to play with it and I wanted to achieve some quick test on Ubuntu, so I followed the grin-miner instructions.

Ok, already on Bminer … :sweat_smile:
C29 works with no errors.
C31 starts normally (no errors), but freezes in few seconds.
Isn´t it something to do with virtual memory. Not sure and if so, don´t know how to check it on Ubuntu.

*edit : increased virtual memory to 8GB, but has no impact on it.

swap zone or swap memory, try to have at leas as much as the sum of your cards, but it’s not mandotory tho, on linux you can do fine without it, it’s recommend to have!