Ascendio Canceled and A Farewell from @minexpert

I get the idea, but because the role of the Grin CC is not to attract investors, this argument is not important in this specific context, nor is it even something that should be taken into account when making a decision.

Me, personally, I would not have accepted the offer as it was done either. I really do understand. I, personally, would have offered a little bit more and all in advance of whatever was offered.

But I too, personally, do not see how donating 100% of the requested amount is not outside the limits of the Grin CC. I think there is a general misconception about what it means to have a request approved. When a request is approved what is being said is closer to: “we are supporting the person doing the work,” rather than saying: “we are investing this amount to fund that work.”. But, everything must be done within the boundaries of the Grin CC and the spending guidelines. So, if anyone disagrees with the spending guidelines they are free to open a Pull Request, add an item to the agenda and share their arguments. I would like to read what else the CC could have done according to the rules.

I would like to personally ask you @minexpert please, do not take this as an attack to you or the importance of your work and contributions, because is not, it is actually far from that. Unfortunately, our community is not large enough to fund the project through direct donations from its members and Grin CC’s responsibilities are reduced to other efforts.

1 Like