Are you guys buying?

If you are selling none of your mining rewards and are in for the long haul, why don’t you solo mine?

1 Like

I’ve never solo mined before, tho I kind of was on MWGrin since I was receiving most of the block reward there. I thought the only benefit of setting up a solo mining operation is for the transaction fees, and grin has a very low transaction count and very low fees, avoiding pool fees, and I suppose the other benefit would be if you don’t trust the pool and want to be sure you’re getting full credit for all the blocks found. Just never looked into it, don’t suppose you have a link to a guide that explains how to setup solo mining for grin.

2 Likes

That’s quite an impressive mining operation (must be hundreds of GPU’s). Did you ever considered making an explainer post/video? From a curious casual grin miner. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah that reward per day is pretty dope.
That guy must be connected directly to some power plant :smiley:

1 Like

Haven’t made any vids, at least not any that are public. BBT, Voskcoin, and others have that covered. That Grin gps is from 258 GPUs (33 GPUs pointed at RVN). Ordered x3 2080 Ti Kingpins this morning so will hopefully be at 294 next week. Its mostly Hybrids because I don’t have an exhaust system yet and have most of these rigs at an underground commercial site (natural geothermal cooling, large open area). Hybrids aren’t the easiest rig builds to work with, but I’m passionate about this hobby and have enjoyed the challenges. My most recent rig build (work in progress, will be x6 Kingpin when finished): https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y5RhMJPpxxSJx8SJA

Woah! That’s amazing, Thank for sharing some info. Rig looks great. I can only imagine how time consuming the maintenance must be! Happy your are mining in Grinmint! :slight_smile:

1 Like