ANN: Bug bounty awarded to David Burkett & Grin++

As per Grin’s security process, there is no bug bounty program currently established.

The Grin Council has nevertheless decided to award David Burkett & Grin++ with a $250,000 bug bounty in recognition of their efforts in relation to the recent critical vulnerability that was patched in MW/Grin versions 5.0.2 and greater.

Please join myself and the other members of the Grin Council in congratulating @David and the Grin++ project for this well deserved bounty!

https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/4a45398ff71505ef492c10238e2ff99529efbe949839e3b73fc62440862e887e/

54 Likes

congratulation you are hero :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m usually against such things, but this one is well deserved! :clap:

2 Likes

Great news! And well deserved money! Congratulations David!

2 Likes

@Burkett deserved it, well done Grin Council :clap:

2 Likes

Well deserved. Very happy to see in practice how important it is to have multiple implementations of full node and how important burkett is for this community. Huge props to burkett for his efforts in this critical situation and to the council for rewarding his efforts. Seems like grin has a nice family, even if there are some disputes they all help each other when needed :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Burkett thank you! транслейт сенк ю вери мач, Буркет.

2 Likes

I’m happy for David, well deserved

2 Likes

Well deserved bounty for this critical vulnerability, revealed thanks to an impressive work on Grin++ made over 2 years :clap:

2 Likes

I am personally very thankful for your help and contribution to GRIN :grin:
We from Grinnode.live Team also want to thank you.

4 Likes

Registered for such a case.
Congratulations, David! U a rock :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you David, without you starting grin++ a fatal bug very likely would have been only discovered when it’s much too late already.

3 Likes

Incredibly happy to see this!
Much appreciation to both david and the council.

Cheers!

4 Likes

I’m really happy this happened

2 Likes

Cheers for David, Grin++ and the Grin Council…!! David is a machine!

2 Likes

Congratulations David. Well deserved.

3 Likes

Congrats David, amazing catch!

2 Likes

Congratz David :+1::pray::tada: Thank U.

2 Likes

Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: Continue your excellent work :v: :ok_hand: A big thank you from all of us

2 Likes

Happy to see it, well deserved!

2 Likes