Hi everyone, my name is Jordan, and I’m from the Developer Relations team at Nervos. I’m here today to represent the Nervos Foundation and deliver a message.
Grin has made profound technical contributions to the industry and remains one of the most successful efforts to build a community around privacy technology. Nervos believes strongly in the importance of community surrounding decentralized technology and has a deep respect for the principles and accomplishments that Grin has achieved.
The Nervos Foundation would like to announce a donation of 10 BTC to the Grin General Fund. This donation is being made to help continue the advancement of the Grin platform and Mimblewimble protocol.
Nervos would also like to make it known of our intent to incorporate support for the Mimblewimble protocol into our platform in the form of a privacy layer. Nervos is a UTXO based proof-of-work blockchain with Turing complete smart contracts, and this similarity with Grin’s technical architecture will simplify the process of integrating Mimblewimble protocol.
Over the next few months Nervos will begin a three-phase effort:
- Phase 1: Schema Design (~2 months) - A general schema will be prepared for the operation model.
- Phase 2: Technical Specification (~2 months) - A detailed technical specification will be produced.
- Phase 3: Implementation (3+ months) - Construction of the codebase.
Nervos recognizes Grin as the authority on the Mimblewimble protocol and welcomes any contributions by the Grin community during any of the three phases.
We believe that pursuing this additional Mimblewimble implementation will:
- Demonstrate the importance of Mimblewimble as a flexible and extensible privacy protocol.
- Increase brand awareness of Grin and Mimblewimble in China and other Asian markets.
- Pave the way for new offerings based on Mimblewimble, such as privacy-based cross-chain swaps and asset exchange between Grin and Nervos.
The Nervos Foundation is also setting aside a grant fund specifically for infrastructure and interoperability solutions between Grin and Nervos. Any Grin community members with interest are encouraged to apply!
We, the members of the Nervos Foundation and community, are excited about the advancement of Mimblewimble technology. We invite everyone to take in voicing their opinions and ideas for what can be achieved in the future!
We look forward to your comments and I’d be happy to answer any questions or help to connect you with the team at Nervos.