Telegram bot progress thread by @renzokuken

Hi all,
Just want to share few updates. I have just returned from Turkey where me and @davidtavarez were hosted by @Cobragrin. We spent some great time there and there is a lot to share but I will write about it in the Grinventions news channel. What I want to share with you now is I had a lot of progress on the Telegram bot over there. Many commands are working and I am very close to having successful deposits and withdrawals.

Unfortunately I encountered an issue with the finalize_tx method. I have already reported it while working on different ツ related project and now managed to reproduce it using a newer wallet.

Details here Owner API finalize_tx responds with Fee: Missing fee fields error · Issue #635 · mimblewimble/grin-wallet · GitHub

I will continue working on the bot without having it fixed, I can hard code some values to make it pretend the tx was finalized and I can continue the development work on remaining features. However, there will be no functioning bot until finalize_tx method. It is hard to imagine a ツ functional product that does not require transaction building finalization.

10 Likes