Telegram bot progress thread by @renzokuken

Dear all, thank you very much for the trust you put in my bounty proposal to build a Telegram bot. I have already drafted a document with some technical description. The grant amount for this bounty has been locked.

You will see all the progress updates in my responses in this thread.

9 Likes

Unfortunately at this moment it is not possible to log reactions to messages as explained here. I will rewrite the proposal in which instead of reaching configurable number of reactions to message to get withdrawal approved there will be a required number of responses to that message (for instance containing particular emoji etc).

Updated proposal

Change log:

1. Not using reactions, as they are not yet supported by the Telegram bot API.
  2. As suggested by @oryhp in Keybase, it is better to perform the slatepack exchanges via DM.
2 Likes
  1. Started a public repository where you can track the progress
  2. Implemented a basic bot that does nothing, just to have a codebase to work with
  3. Supports configuration (*.yml for now, *.toml in the future)
  4. Supports internationalization
  5. Supports state persistence using built-in Telegram bot tool based on Pickle
  6. HIS NAME IS SLATEBOY!

Stay tuned ~~

8 Likes

Cool, maybe some community members can make design suggestions for the avatar of Slateboy, would that be ok for you @renzokuken or do you want the ‘honor’ of giving Slateboy a face? :grinning:

1 Like

Sure! Slateboy can have an official face! But keep in mind anyone who starts the bot process can pick own name and avatar.

Edit: I personally imagine Slateboy as someone who is a mixture of Slatepack and GameBoy :stuck_out_tongue: perhaps that could inspire someone’s design…

2 Likes

True, it is just for the fun to be honest :stuck_out_tongue:. Just like Grinvention, Community Council, Iron Belly, Grin++ have their own cool designs.

Mmmm,… I like your way of thinking.

What if a slatepack had eyes and mouth…

1 Like

A first concept of a gameboy, slatepack and delivery man inspired mascot.
Still a bit much gameboy though. I Could also replace the body with an envelope/slatepack. Alternatively, a more blockish/pixelated design or minecraft like character could be fun .
Still a lot of room for improvement on the concept

7 Likes

Amazing! Maybe instead of GameBoy buttons and screen it could have BEGINSLATEPACK. above the face and ENDSLATEPACK. on the bottom of the body?

3 Likes

or have that slatepack sample text on the gameboy screen and then have like “send” and “sign” buttons instead of A and B?

2 Likes

Actually, while we are at it, maybe Slateboy should show the contract flow
Nice way to educate everyone

Signature 1         Signature 2
|         Send Contract                                                =>   |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| <=     Sign contract                                            ✅        |         
|        Sign and publish                        ✅               ✅  =>    |

The above but than more graphical, with all text and checks in large arrows representing the three steps.
1 Like

Nice idea! I like “send” and “sign”, another option could be “SRS” and “RSR” which are the two slatepack flows sender-receiver-sender and receiver-sender-receiver.

Good idea. The slatepacks would be exchanged via DMs but bot could update everyone in the public of the state of the flow in educational matter.

Is the transaction flow below clear/useful? If so I can put it in the body, I will keep the screen/face, but make it smaller and put the Grin ツ as face.
In the body I can put the transaction flow. Optionally, we can make three versions where Slateboy points to the phase of the transaction the user is in.
For me this is the clearest way to visualize the transaction flow.

3 Likes

I think this graphic is very useful to understand what is going on, but I would also include info what command has been called in the grin-wallet
→ Send: Draft contract
← Receive: Sign contract
→ Finalize: Sign & broadcast
what do you think?

I agree, it might be useful to name the commands. Not sure if the commands are the same though for the transaction flow suggested by @oryhp. I did not have time to try it yet. But yes, using the names/commands should make it even more clear.

I see in Oryphs post the commands are

contract new 
contract sign
contract sign

Incorporating the above it would look like this:

Also I would like to somewhere mention BEGINSLATEPACK. and ENDSLATEPACK, just not sure where yet. Maybe on the envelop Slateboy is holding.

3 Likes

First Concept of Slateboy with SSS (Send-Sign-Sign) contract flow.
Feedback is always welcome.

5 Likes

Dude, this is amazing! :heart_eyes: I like it so much I am offering you 500ツ from my bounty for this initiative. Regardless if you decide to continue or not, feel free to drop me your slatepack address in DM or here in the forum up to your preference!

2 Likes

I never say no to free Grinnies :smiley:, I will DM you.
I am still far away from my target of 86400 ツ (1 Grin day).
Suggestions for improvement are welcome. I will make also three more designs where SLATEBOY points to which phase of the transaction the user is at.

2 Likes