Suggestion: Make DEX - Gate.io is Over

Grin is on Bisq. Suggestion: Make DEX - Gate.io is Over - #15 by trab

1 Like

How about AgoraDesk P2P marketplace LocalMonero another front for trading of XMR & BTC
tell them to add GRIN
or fork them
we need multiple atomic swaps solutions and p2p markets

im not sure if stupid or not, but what about wrapping grin and putting the wrapped grin on eth or whatever ala wbtc then it can just be traded on uniswap with the rest of the shitcoins. i have no idea if it could work or how it would work or what work would be involved in making it.

1 Like

The best place for wrapped grin is BEAM, it’s private DeFi and MimbleWimble ecosystem, it can help Grin a lot, but we need Multisig for Grin first.

2 Likes

Can you make a thread dedicated to just this topic?

I think it’s a great idea because BEAM also bridges to Ethereum. So putting Grin on BEAM gets basically 2 for 1, right?

2 Likes

@trab @ardocrat that actually a very good idea

@ardocrat @trab it a matter of survival for both Grin and Beam to at least solve atomic swaps between two MW coins.
But getting listed in Beam DEX is a very good choice for both projects.

1 Like

Hello everyone!!! I leave this here…

Today I contacted online with the team of bitcoke.com (a NON-KYC service based in Hong Kong) I asked under what conditions they list cryptocurrencies and they said if any grin developer wants can contact them on email listing@bitcoke.com for more information.

4 Likes

Yes, I can do it in the future, for now we need multisig in Grin to make this possible, I am in contact with BEAM devs, so I am ready to make Proof-Of-Concept, I guess it will be possible with multi-party contracts transactions by @oryhp

1 Like

You’re confusing smart contracts with a simple world contract. A MW tx is a multisig between two parties (kernel). The outputs don’t support multiple owners. My “contracts” don’t add functionality, they’re merely a unification (and simplification) of two payment flows.

1 Like

I am not already, you have --num-participants parameter for some reason, it is confusing. Also it was pointed Contracts flow is opening doors for more complex transactions cases.

So what we need to have working multisig? We have this PR (Atomic swaps by GeneFerneau · Pull Request #618 · mimblewimble/grin-wallet · GitHub) opened for a long time and waiting for review. As i understood it was paid funding request for both AtomicSwaps and multisig. This is from last Grinpost’s Newsletter:

MWC (Grin fork) already has working Atomic Swaps for a long time btw. I guess @NicolasFlamel should know more about multisig implementation at their project, so possibly we can use their work.

2 Likes

Hmm, I may be misunderstanding what the discussion was about. The --num-participants is the number of parties that contribute to a transaction. At the moment, it’s not safe to do it with more than 2 parties, but the parameter is still there because it helps with self-spends when the value is 1, so you know you can finalize a tx after the first signature. Note that this parameter is about multisig on the kernel, not the outputs. We have no way of doing multisig outputs on Grin today afaik. Gene was working on it, but I honestly don’t recall the state of it.

1 Like

@ardocrat
A link to the first mention of an attack that currently makes more than two participants in a contract unsafe. I think it is time ponder about possible solutions or mitigationd to this issue:

I will put some thought into this if I think a solution might be found with my limited understanding. If there are more willing, we can make a separate discussion topic on the forum or just on Github.

2 Likes

Another opportunity is to get listed on SeraiDEX, their code base is on Rust (Substrate framework), so it will be opportunity for people to exchange their useless moneros for Grin.

3 Likes

I joined their discord. Thanks for pointing me to it! It would be a really cool thing. I believe in the dream of decentralized liquidity pools :joy:

3 Likes

From Serai developer:

Grin would require interactivity to receive coins and would be incredibly problematic for that reason alone :confused:

To my understanding, there aren’t slatepacks allowing a recipient to receive GRIN without participating in the recipience. Please, feel free to prove me wrong.

As for why it’d be so problematic, it’d force a threshold signing protocol onto all received coins. That’s just computationally expensive and quite annoying to flow. Not necessarily prohibitively expensive though.

1 Like

Was that a way of saying that they don’t want to list it, but in a “it’s not my fault, it’s yours” way?

1 Like

It means that it is not a simple plug and play for them, it would require extra steps since Grin is interactive.
I think the same held for Grin exchange implementation on Bisq which required some collateral BTC when swapping Grin.

2 Likes

I think it’s a way of saying that they don’t know how to do it and would need help from the Grin community to understand how to make it happen efficiently.

It sounded to me like they are open to a collaboration

3 Likes

We can open a private telegram channel for technical assistance and help if they like. Here Exchange-FAQ for integration, you can forward them.

1 Like