Running Grin++ on the Raspberry Pi 4 (arm64-linux)

Yes, you can run Grin++ in your Raspberry Pi 4. You download the binaries from here. Inside the folder you will find and .AppImage file if you want to run the GUI, but also the node binary compiled for Linux-ARM64. You will probably need to install some libraries to run the AppImage file depending on your installation.

Linux rpi4-20210718 5.10.0-0.bpo.7-arm64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.40-1~bpo10+1 (2021-06-04) aarch64 GNU/Linux

If you want to compile it from source, you will need to do it on a Pi or using QEMU. Later I will be writing a tutorial from beginning to end on how to do it. The GUI looks nice, but probably using the CLI could be more convenient, contributions are welcome.

In my case I’m using Debian, but it should work on Ubuntu too. The only requirement is that it must be a 64-bit version.

Feel free of joining Telegram: Contact @GrinPP.

10 Likes

I got the Grin++ AppImage to run on both PinePhone “Linux-only smartphone” and Pinebook Pro “open source 64-Bit Arm Chromebook alternative!” Thanks @davidtavarez!

3 Likes

After some tests and feedback (thank you for that), on Ubuntu 18 the node isn’t running. It is working fine in Ubuntu +20 and Debian +11 for now.

Would love to get this working myself (with gui). I’m on pi 4b with latest Ubuntu, 22.10 I believe. I have tried downloading the 1.2.6 appimage, tried to gitclone, then cmake 1.2.8 to no avail.

I installed the dependencies listed in the build.md

-gnu
-cmake
-Uuid-dev

Linux is not my native OS, but I did ensure to check the “allow running as executable” in permissions, hah.

Any help or more detailed process be appreciated, ty