Request for funding @gene (Adaptor signature atomic swaps GRN-BTC)

Ugh, it’s a shame you didn’t mention this earlier! I guarantee you this was missed and was not forgotten on purpose with the hopes you forget, leave it undone or something similar.
It’s a bit unfortunate that right now we don’t have enough manpower to properly review your contribution. I hope you stick around and perhaps do some work on the wallet if you find any improvements and have the motivation to do it.

3 Likes

Confirming receipt of payment, thank you very much for handling this so quickly once I brought it to attention.

Admittedly, it got lost for me as well, and I could have reached out sooner.

All is well now.

I saw @scilio is working on CoinSwaps for Grin. I’m currently focusing on CoinSwaps for Bitcoin. Would be happy to help how/if/when I can.

7 Likes

I can go over your comments, doing a partial rewrite to clarify the issues you brought up.

I really need to re-review the Succinct Atomic Swap protocol again. The fact that one failure path leaves one party with the traded funds, and the other funds burned doesn’t sit right with me. Maybe there are things about the game theory I’m not taking into account.

Either way, I need to take a deeper read of the spec.

6 Likes

I have that exact worry about your form of atomic swap, while I convinced myself that S.A.S. is safe as long as parties don’t get close to the time-out.

Likewise I need a closer look at your protocol, but the current write-up makes that hard, as it doesn’t show in what order txs are constructed, pre-signed, and broadcast.

3 Likes

You have yet to provide a clear and correct description of the protocol steps, which is crucial for reviewing your work…

3 Likes