Request for funding @davidtavarez Feb-Apr 2022

What do you mean with “facilitate via UI”?

Are we sure that one-time addresses are better than per-user addresses? I feel like having a userbook is important ux-wise, but if u have one-time address then you can’t really have that, unless i’m missing something. I’ve thought a little about the slatepack step1 spamming problem and the idea i’ve come up with was having address per user, not sure if it helps in any way but i’ll still leave my notes from that time here (NOTE: grin hello message = grin address, that’s just how i called it back then since it includes transport info):

important to solve (to prevent spam):

• you can ban user A
  • you can remove user A’s open step 1 transactions (maybe even step 2/3?)
  • you can have 1 tor listener for all users

grin hello message (current grin “address”) content:

• pubkey A used for encrypting messages for me
  • information of how to reach me (tor pubkey + version, signal, whatever else, maybe ordered, but probably the other party should be the one picking the transfer method)
  • signature done with pubkey A over all this data to prove that I (the owner of this pubkey A) generated all of the above data

Scenario 1: you have a single hello message (address) for everyone

Pros:

• you don’t need to send your hello message to each person separately

Cons:

• you can’t ban a single user, you would have to change your global hello message (they can spam you with slatepack step 1)
  • you can only delete all existing open transactions and not from a single user (this doesn’t help though since they can spam you nonstop)

Scenario 2: you have a different hello message for each user, each hello message contains userID (random nonce) which is generated for this specific user who receives your address

Pros:

• you can ban a single user by banning their userID
  • you can delete/cancel single user’s open transactions (if they spam you)

Cons:

• you have to send hello message to each user, either as your “address” for the other party to create slatepack step1 or, if you’re the one who received hello message and need to create slatepack step1,
    you include your hello message in slatepack step1 that you send to the other party