Monkyyy's political shitposting thread

Strange I have the need to promote my political beliefs at the slightest provocation, or reminder, or opportunity. /s … kinda

Anyway I don’t feel these are separate “layers”; investing in btc was a political action for me from the start; that it went well for me is a bonus, not an completely unexpected one, but still this is my politics; taking away economic power from the american empire. The rapid growth of btc bringing calls for regulation, and the state having opportunity to “embrace extend extinguish” is my biggest concern

Just to pile in and say what I think has probably already been said multiple times in this thread.

Please don’t make the mistake of assuming other people here share these “like-minded” views, political or otherwise. A lot of -isms seem to suffer from this (and libertarianism in particular) something is seen as “good” and therefore must be aligned with said -ism.

There may be room for a “community of libertarians” promoting Grin, but it doesn’t follow that Grin itself is necessarily aligned with libertarianism.

1 Like

Discussing -isms is almost always a sensitive subject as they aren’t always well-defined, and even if they are people do usually not adhere to those definitions. But objectively speaking, as far as I can tell (from the Wikipedia article on libertarianism) it is pretty aligned with the intrinsic attributes of crypto-currencies such as Grin: trust minimization, autonomy, freedom (of speech, choice, association), skepticism of authority.

Rhetorically it is most certainly a good idea to avoid mentioning any -isms, but advocating for these things does go hand-in-hand with libertarianism. I do think we are politically like-minded (in this regard) even if it happens to be the case that none of us label ourselves as libertarian. Again, I realize that “politics” is negatively connotated (especially with the current toxic public political climate), but strictly speaking money is political.

CC: @igno.peverell

That depends on how action oriented the philosophy is question is.

Looking at someone doing a good thing and saying “they probably believe in my god” doesn’t make sense, looking at an engineer make a building that doesnt fall over and saying “they know math” however does.

Correct, or to put it another way:

Looking at someone building a novel cryptocurrency from scratch and saying “they aspire to be part of a secret cult” doesn’t make sense; looking at someone building a novel cryptocurrency from scratch and saying “they are an inventive, capable, resourceful person (who probably knows a little math)” however does.

monkyyy your cerished beliefs is a cult

If I say “Spooner was an agorist, just look at his essay about selling guns to run away slaves” I’m am not claiming that magiclly konkins book traveled back in time. It’s a vague methodology part of American political culture that konkin merely gave a name.

Biulding selfsataining systems without permission, suggests you understand the difficulties of political bullshit and the natural failing of radical individualism, in the same way a standing biulding suggests you understand gravity.

The babylons have fancy ancient moments and clay tablets with triangle triples, yet geometry is a Latin name, yet I would say babylons had geometry, even if they themselves have no idea what that is and had thier weird base 60 system.

If we eat locally grown vegetables and own crypto we’ll get free from cancer

2 Likes