Mining centralization

prehaphs he means instead of bitcoin?

The transaction volume is still rather small

I’m not overly worried about this, this is just the natural result of playing nice with gpu mining, you get the shitcoin market when the price collaspes from the early demand not accounting for the inflation rate; the gpu renters will swap off and we get left with people here for the long haul and there will be caring about the long term health of the coin.

There will come a time when the grin launch announcments on coin gecko and varies shitcoin exchanges will be buried and demand takes a nose dive while some of the real miners get an electricity bill and the price falls, the hyper flexible shitcoin economy will just move on as they shift around extremely quickly. And I would bet money that 90% of the shitcoin miners is on those shitcoin mining pools

1 Like

because verifying a share is trivial compared to cryptonight for example.

I have written a grin pool that can handle 100k miners on a single cpu, no problem. problem is: you need a lot of customer care personnel to operate a grin pool in a responsible manner, because you need the help of the miners to send them a payment. at monero I can flush the pool wallet to the customers, thats not possible at grin.

Are you running a pool?

(damn forum software needs 20 characters at least for apost)

1 Like

So by resources you mean cpu time. Doesn’t sound like a big gain, presumably you need compute and network resources to setup all sorts of stuff if you want to run a serious pool.

not for a grin pool. you can run it on a raspberry pi

the only thing that requires lots of resources is the payout handling and process. Collecting the shares from miners and mining the blocks rquires only very little hardware.

I wouldn’t trust to use a pool that runs on a raspberry pi. :slight_smile:

1 Like

because you don’t like fast software?

1 Like

btw. I ported cuckaroo29 to cryptonote pool. payouts using wallet713 soon there is relevant support. maybe in a week I will have the grin pool online.

1 Like

I personally mine to grinmint even though I suspect that my rewards are lower because of that.

Does not the whole space suffer from this? As I understand it, the larger the pool is the more advantageous it is to mine on it, both with regards to regularly receiving payouts, and—perhaps more importantly—selfish mining.

I am not aware of any solutions to this problem. Please enlighten me if you are.

1 Like

You don’t need a pool with 2.5% fee.

you don’t know? so you don’t care?

but it’s nowhere near 3% advantageous

you can cover the cost of a pool using a 0.1% fee. 2.9% simply is a scam. fact.

Not a scam but a business :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t subsist on mining income :slight_smile: