List of Grin problems and their solutions - Open Discussion + Cool Website to compare Grin inflation

Die Bundesregierung has God complex! They’re insane.

I think most people don’t care about privacy, hoping that they care about it is an already lost fight for me. Governments are all-in with CBDC projects, like the EU; it will be interesting to see how a digital euro will comply with the GDPR stuff. Nobody knows what it will be happening in the future, what I believe is that some people will be surprised when politicians starts deciding what people should eat, wear, where to live, and what people must do with their money. Only then some people, and probably few of them, will care about privacy, and Grin, Monero, MWEB, Beam, Zcash, etc. will see their compelling use cases. We are all betting, our money is on our implementation of the Mimblewimble protocol, we’ll see who wins, probably we all wins or maybe we all lose.

I think the idea of no amounts and no addresses is a good start; coinswap, along with one-time use addresses and manual confirmation helps. To have the peer-to-peer communication over Tor could be interesting to say the least. All this plus payment channels, improved payment proofs, atomic swaps, etc. does not sounds bad, in fact, sounds pretty good and better when we remember that we can have all this in the palms of our hands.

3 Likes