Ironbelly - Progress update thread (Sep - Dec 2020)

Hi everyone! It’s time for the update!

Last couple of weeks I did some experiments on how best to structure transacting process using Slatepack and I hope you will like it.

The flow explained

1. Initiate Send. On the initial screen Alice enters an amount and choose fee she would like to pay. Then when she presses “Send” it would navigate her to the next screen.
  2. Sending Screen. On this screen Alice would see a little guide on what to do next and her part of the transaction in the form of Slatepack. She now needs to share it as a text or as a file with Bob.
  3. Initiate Receive. Button “Receive” in the bottom left was only used for information purposes, but not anymore! Now it would navigate Bob to “Receiving screen”.
  4. *Receiving Screen. Here Bob sees a little guide and the text area which he can fill manually, paste from clipboard or open a file (depend on how Alice has shared her slatepack). When Bob enters the slatepack from Alice he press “Generates response” and shares it back with Alice as a text or as a file.
  5. Finalizing. Alice receives Bob’s slatepack and enters it on the “Sending screen”. Then she presses “Finish transaction”.
  6. Posting. After finalization app would automatically show a confirmation dialog after which transaction would be send to the node.

Also, if a user opens a slatepack from another app (as it is the only way right now) in Ironbelly it would automatically navigate to the needed screen!

Little Demo

Screen Recording 2020-10-12 at 20.12.37

I’m doing final tests at the moment and hope this or next week this functionality will be in App/Play stores!

What’s next?

My next big goal is implementing Grin addresses in Ironbelly!

Besides here is a couple of things I’ve been doing as well or will be doing:

• New website
  • Bringing back to life end-to-end tests, so I can do less manual testing and iterate faster.
  • Researching solutions for app translation.
  • Small redesign and ideas for dark mode.

If you have any question - join Ironbelly Telegram channel https://t.me/ironbelly

11 Likes