Grin node on Umbrel RPI 4

Could a developer please code a Grin node for Umbrel?
Umbrel is becoming more and more popular, it would be a very easy and elegant solution to encourage adoption?
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

No extra coding is needed, just compiling to be compatible with different Umbrell hardware models.
Here is a tutorial how to add an app to the Umbrell store.

If you are a bit code/compile savvy, this could be your contribution to the project. I think many people are interested in running a grin node on Umbrell, I am as well. It is indeed a very elegant solution, I fully agree :+1: Many people already run grin nodes on Raspberry pi, just a matter of compiling for/on the umbrell architecture.
If anyone thinks he has what it takes to compile a grin node for Umbrell, reply here.

2 Likes

Github created: GitHub - 54876/grin2umbrel
I must confess that my knowledge of the subject is almost non-existent. So far, I’ve managed to do a few things, but that’s only been possible thanks to the assistance of ChatGPT.
If anyone would like to join me, it would be a great pleasure and very helpful.
Thank you, best regards. PS : English is not my first language

2 Likes

@cryptodahu great that you are taking the initiative, if everyone chips in like you do, we can achieve great things with this project!

This is the repository where @Yeastplume is setting up a docker container to run grin, grin-wallet and MWixnet. So if you have issues, perhaps you can look how he did it and is doing it:

2 Likes