Grin-gui excitement thread

Grin core would be most clear to users since anyone who cares sbout digital cash knows Bitcoin Core.
However, calling it “Grin” or “Grin!” as @tromp suggested might be even more simple and in line with the Grin++ name. I think the latter has my overal preference. Below the link of “Grin” we can always put more description to make it clear.

Grin Gui wallet. :yellow_heart:
if another gui wallet comes, so it can be understood as first gui core wallet.

No, I wasn’t suggesting that. Instead I was suggesting a tagline for a wallet named Gringotts…

1 Like

In that case I will propose it myself here as alterative, just call the GUI wallet “Grin”, it does not get simpler. Although I personally love the Harry Potter references, I am afraid many do not appreciate these references.

As tagline we could say something in the trend of:

“Grin core wallet with GUI programmed in Rust. Experience the full magic of Grin.”

1 Like

Id rather not have a name conflict with the node repo. Every time someone has an issue when they “run grin”, we will have to ask “do you mean the grin node or the grin gui wallet”

3 Likes

Guallet, Gwallit, Gringo, Grin User Interface, Grinterface.

1 Like

How about:
Grin®

The R in a circle is a cyrilic character but here it should stands for Rust.
Again a bit in the same naming convention as Grin++.
Maybe grin should be renamed grin-deamon🤔.

Edit: Not a good idea since the ® symbol means the name is a federal trademark, that would become rather confusing if not a hell of a court case :man_facepalming:

I think in the end grin-gui probably reflects us best, it is minimal and accurate. grin, grin-wallet, and grin-gui should probably stay as is.

5 Likes

It seems this wallet is focused for Windows? Is Linux also supported?

Grin!Box (after a very popular modem/router here in Teutonia). Also evokes images of a strongbox. Rolls easily off the tongue. GrinVault would be an alternative. Ever since 2009 I disliked the use of “wallet” for holding my most precious and valuable currency.

1 Like

Most of the work has been done for Mac and Linux with some workarounds to get this to play nice on Windows.

3 Likes