Gri̇n i̇s di̇sappeari̇ng

Am I the only one perfectly happy with not being listed on huge exchanges? Huge exchanges might bump price, but 99% of users just leave funds on those exchanges. We don’t want that. We want users to self custody their coins, and for that the existing exchanges are plenty to buy some grin (e.g. tradeogre). If a user isn’t ready to move their funds out of a big exhange, then they aren’t ready for Grin.

Also, big exhanges fractionally reserve their coins, which is the same as printing money

2 Likes

Sure. You can ignore whatever users take a different view. And I’d say it is exactly why this community is shrinking and Grin is vanishing. You developers ignorance of user experience will eat the poison fruit you just create.

1 Like

Give concrete examples of where the devs made mistakes. Why do you think we are trying to go from SRS/RSR to contracts? Why is there safe-cancel and payment proof rfc? What about pibd? Why did i try and create a testnet exchange usinf both SRS and RSR (hint: easiest user flow, but it admittedly has some cons)? The community is shrinking because of personal attacks and it’s sad that it takes so long for people to learn that.

I disagree. I cannot remember anyone stating to leave the project because of the “toxic” community or because they felt like being personally attacked in the last year. Still we are shrinking.
A few recent examples:

1. I can’t remember antioch being personally attacked the time around he stopped being involved.
  2. Same goes for david burkett, i cannot remember him being involved in any discussions where he has been personally attacked the time he left for working on LTC. His last comment in the forums is crypto-related (Community Council miners - we need your opinion - #19 by Anynomous)
  3. Kurts last entry is from November 2020 (Preparing Exchanges for Grin 5.0 - #15 by Kurt), he discussed crypto-related topics here, no attacks anywhere.
4 Likes

I wouldn’t want to work in such a toxic environment that we’ve had since it was completely demotivating. I count attacks on the core as personal attacks on each core member. Only the person leaving knows the actual reasons why he’s leaving, we can only speculate. But i think we can both agree that toxic environment helps devs leave faster and makes new devs think twice before joining. As far as the conflicts go, forum is not the only place where conflicts happen.

There were 14 exchanges now we only have gateio with 1000 confirmation time and Tradeogre,a small exchange. And many big pools including Btcpool, f2Pool, Sparkpool gone.
Why Did they leave ?
I dont think they left ecosystem because of ‘‘so called toxic environment’’.

Grin community is one the least toxic between many. There is NO conflict and toxic situation between Grin community and developers.
Grin perception changed, belief and hype faded away. That is the problem imo.

5 Likes

I was talking about the devs.

Now it’s much better yes

It should be the least toxic, by design. With the way inflation works in Grin, the pressure should be quite low!

3 Likes

In my opinion, all justice will be leveled at the moment when a large whale decides to pump GRIN. This will be when he accumulates a sufficient number of coins in his hands and there will be a favorable situation on the market as a whole.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I keep saying I want to reach 100Kツ, after I accumulate it I promise I will start pumping… ツ ツ ツ ツ ツ

3 Likes

It makes sense. Because when GRIN inflation decreases, it will make sense to attract new people in anonymity. Network hashrate and mining difficulty will increase)
But there will always be 60 coins per minute - time cannot be forced to go faster))
Therefore, even without halving, the first followers will get an advantage

I do not follow why that would give an advantage to early adopters, quite the opposite in my opinion. Early miners paid more in hashing power or in other currencies to obtain their Grin since the price of Grin was higher. Those who perfectly catch the bottom are the ones who profit most. Since a linear emission does not creates artificial scarcity, a linear emission is the closest you can get to a fair distribution.

Emission is complex topic, a lot of thought went into Grin’s linear emission since it is needed both for fair distribution as well as security. I would encourage you to read up on this reasoning:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Yes, but there is one aspect that puts early adopters in a privileged position. This is that there is an opportunity to safely accumulate a large number of coins, I’m talking about millions. At one point, there will be a shortage of coins on the exchanges or buying a large volume will greatly increase the exchange rate. I.e. I want to say that buying millions of GRIN is good slowly at the bottom.
But it may be in 2-3-5 years

1 Like

Not really, in the start mining was done on GPU’s, people were competing with their GPU power (myself included) and incurred significant costs in electricity for mining since the price of Grin was high at that time. What you are probably getting at is a premine opportunity, there was no premining with Grin so there was also no unfair advantage or opportunity to mine Grin cheaply.

As always, a whale can buy and manipulate the price of Grin like any other coin however, this will not be as easy or advantageous as with other coins since the linear supply means that later adopters can as easily accumulate Grin as early adopters. The best strategy is what you describe, gradually buying in or simply mining in the years around the bottom.

4 Likes

For current price, 100K is only 100,000 x 0.062127 = 6212.7 USD. Maybe you mean you need at least 100Mツ?

1 Like

That is true, it seems like not that crazy amount, but there is also liquidity problem and of course, for some people 6K USD is still a lot of money. There are all kinds of people here, some are students, some are unemployed, some have kids etc etc.

1 Like

Yes it’s easier for those with kids, they can sell them

4 Likes

Oof, nah teach them about grin so that they spend their own money on it. Manipulation :100:

I am constantly following the discussions and new ideas here. I haven’t posted my thoughts here for a long time. Because there is a management that is closed to discussion and never accepts criticism. And they are constantly trying to justify themselves. I like the idea of 1 Grin in 60 seconds. But there are some names who try to make this idea impossible. Why don’t we accept new ideas or criticism? Why is everyone wrong? Why are only a few people right? Do you think Grin is in the place he deserves? Why don’t you look for the fault yourself? No one is denying your efforts for Grin, but are you acting like this project belongs to you? For God’s sake, who waits 100 years? What kind of sentence is this?

David, I always support you man. Never be afraid to speak your mind! You are an important name for Grin…People suffered financial losses in this project. Is grin a currency? Or is it a store of value? or nothing? people want to know the truth now!

1 Like