Gri̇n i̇s di̇sappeari̇ng

Let’s say i propose X, you say it’s not a good idea to implement that because of Y, i don’t understand why Y matters so i disagree. I keep pushing for X, what would you do? They didn’t want to fight so they’ve started ignoring. Although it might seem unfair it’s hard to choose a better way in this case imo.

You can’t, that’s why you and others who are, among many other things, dealing with user’s issues are invaluable. From the conversations I’ve had with different people i came to the conclusion that autoreceive is preventing them from understanding interactivity (and safe-cancel), that’s why (alongside losing some nice properties) I’m in favor of removing it.

What would you have done differently? My idea has been to try and make exchanges use manual copy/paste of slatepacks since it’s easier to integrate and works for everyone, i still believe that’s currently the best approach.

Nobody is saying someone is smarter than someone else. It’s important to listen to what the users want/need but solutions to those needs must not damage the protocol (there might be exceptions ofc). It’s easy to spot problems but hard to find good solutions for them and it takes time to implement them (especially with our currently limited dev resources).

What would you have done differently?

I have been telling people about RSR use cases for a long time, have also given an example of RSR real world usage to which I’ve not gotten any feedback as to why that’s bad or not needed. Nobody is using it because it’s not yet properly supported. Shops/services are cases where RSR makes the most sense but why would they implement RSR in their shop if the most popular grin wallet doesn’t support them? Sadly it makes no sense to do so.

Issues related to proposals were raised, ignoring came after people didn’t understand those issues and kept pushing, at least that was my observation.

3 Likes