[Clarification: iPollo confirmed NHASH] NHASH is selling iPollo GRIN Miners!

NHASH start ordering now, for more details, please join our telegram group.

3 Likes

Warning: possible scam alert.

iPollo Official has linked us on Twitter. You can verify if you have any doubt.

2 Likes

If you buy an iPollo miner at this point. You get what you deserve. These units are PoS. iPollo’s warranty is a flat out joke and at a minimum, fraudulent. There are numerous issues with these miners and iPollo won’t service them or enforce their warranty. These issues are well documented on this forum.

1 Like

It’s really a shame that the only producer is such a horrible company. Website is catastrophic, ordering-process has been ridiculous, the power-unit of the first batch of g1 mini was insufficient, users had to buy adequate ones for themselves. Many units did not reach the advertised hashrate due to insufficient power-supply.

Communication was basically nonexistent, I never before experienced that a company didn’t even reply to buying / ordering inquiries. All my mails via forum/E-Mail remained unanswered. Speaking of: while I’m writing this nhash replied just now (23th July) on my mail from 18th February I sent to iPollo.

The Reseller won’t accept Grin for payment what I consider laughable since creating grin using miners should be about making grin a usable currency.

And the best: recently they announced you can mine C31 with the devices which makes them viable to mine shitforks like MWC. Apparently they have big trouble selling the devices so they starting to support scammy shitforks. Thanks for that. Low sales would also explain why they suddenly replied to my mail from February.

Last but not least: bad support.

How many mistakes can a company make in just one year?

4 Likes

@Grundkurs
First of all, I understand what you are saying very well. At first I thought the same as you. However, after thinking a little more, I wondered if it was Ipollo’s fault.
Look, ipollo’s first medium post is on December 2nd, and they describe the 51% attack that Grin went through.

15 days after this date, on December 17th, they wrote that they spent $100 million on Cuckoo chips and predicted growth in this field.

Because of all this, everything seems rushed to me and
I think;

1. The G1 and G1 mini devices were not adequately tested.
  2. Production was not made with sufficient stock.
  3. Website not edited.
  4. The sales team could not be established.

So why?
I think the whole reason is because Grin has a 51% attack. For this reason, Ipollo may have announced early the devices that it will announce later so that Grin will increase its hash power and not be tainted by a new 51% attack.

Of course that’s just my guess. There is no official statement. However, the fact that a company spends $100 million and falls behind on these issues makes me think about these.

1 Like

That would explain most of the issues I described with iPollo. It will be interesting to see how the second batch of the miners will perform

I was a first batch buyer of 5x iPollo’s G1-mini through the forum sales campaign. Yes, the PSUs had to be replaced with higher capacity, but at the price of $494/unit, that included the disposable PSU and FedEx IP shipping. To get the 5% discount promotion, I paid in ツ when the value was much higher in USD than now, and the resale value has been 250% higher than the original USD purchase price. Total ツ mined since February 2021 with these 5 units is 8,403 ツ. So, buying G1-mini ASICs was the best decision vs. not buying them.

My 5x G1-mini mining setup:

Considering that these are the best ツ mining hardware, how ツ has no halvenings, and ツ price is low so we can accumulate more coins, I’m now placing a 2nd order for:
G1 x1 (equivalent of 30x G1-mini) + G1-mini x20

9 Likes

For me the same. Yes I had to replace a power supply, but taken everything together, I wished I bought double the amount of miners I did, not less.

2 Likes

Amazing

for those who already have a G1 MINI, what about working on a tutorial on how to setup this beast and mine with it ?

Sure, it is rather easy. More or less plug and play, but maybe I will make a tutorial how to set it up with Grinmint/community pool specifically. Just wondering what the place would be to post it. Forum or another place?

1 Like

I think @johndavies24 had posted a brief guide/configuration for grinmint in the telegram a few weeks back. Maybe this would be a good resource/starting point?

1 Like

Yeah, amazing except they have a fake warranty and 2/6 of my units were no longer hashing within a week. Buy from this company at your own risk.