CC Fund: expenses, responsibilities, spending guidelines and follow-up processes

Great to see your detailed tracking information on the fund issue. I totally agree that we should have same voice/process/ to use fund more efficiently.

You plug them in, point to grinmint, and walk away. They’re incredibly simple to set up and maintain.

1 Like

As said above I think fixing crticial bugs should be priority over new features. At Grin++ we have problems with peers and Android app initial syncing crash what prevents of using it. Having fixed amount of peer nodes is not fixing problem, but creates single point of centralised failure.

1 Like

This would have been the case if we would have bought a few miners and distributed them. Unfortunately we bought many, electricity prices went upt etc. So it now only works centralized at a location with very low electricity costs. This involves others who manage the physical location, proper security to not leak information and a before a lot of logistics to get them there. So you have so see it in the trend of professional large scale mining which was not easy to setup.

More fake accounts? :rofl:

Anyways…

Of all the issues that could be addressed such as: Auditing the Atomic Swap PR in such a way that it can be released, or continuing with the development of mwixnet… or spreading MW/Grin everywhere… well… here we going again: Pause GRIN Community Council - we need your opinion!

Good luck, this time I’m out of this conversation. :v:

Is it me, or does it always appear like these discussion are happening when the Grin and BTC price dips :upside_down_face:, is anyone having major short positions on Grin or something…

Coincidentally there are also three FUD causing posts at the same day… two by new accounts, just like new accounts were created just for this discussion. I know, coincidences right?:

Just because this is the first time I post on here? I am pretty new to grin. Mostly I am on telegram. But looks like this is where the real action is.

@l33d4n has put into data what most of us just grumble about here and there.

David say’s he’s out of this one, Mike and Neo are mostly gone (not to denigrate their good intentions), Anynomous is receptive to criticism and/or pausing. I don’t know about Cobra.

If you are referring to me I am just a new grin user/supporter. I am mostly active on telegram.

Yes, one of those accounts. Perhaps I am seeing connections that are not there but it remains a fact that major discussions and criticism on governance are often timed with crypto dips and fake accounts.

Correlation doesn’t equal causation. Probably there are some people that are trying to take advantage of the bear market that way (btw how long is a ‘dip’). But if there are unaccounted funds then whose to say what they have been used for? This is a weak fud to bring if it were a fud, as it is simple and empirically answered by delivering the said transparency. Also no one who doesn’t believe in grin is holding grin. Like seriously look at the chart. Only people with belief in it will be holding it (and this have any interest in this discussion)

The last conversation about this lasted 3 months or so, opinions/feedback were asked about whether CC should be paused, you can read the post yourself, or read the logs in Keybase, I doubt you will, but I hope you do. In summary, after 2 months (and counting) a “Pause” did not get any support…

One could get a “new group” again, and again, and again, and this conversation will never go away and unfortunately the same people who brings this topic again and again will not going to take any kind of responsibility or role because what they are really saying is: “you should do this or that, not me”.

1 Like

The electricity costs should have been donated by community volunteers… The point was to stack grin for community driven funding, not to build a professional mining operation at scale. Paying a third party might cost as much as the electricity difference and loses physical possession of the hardware. This whole thing was botched horribly

Fwiw I think David and yeast are worth every penny and people need to chill and let them work on what interests them (myself included, which I think I have on this topic). I don’t regret the prior points I have tried to make but I definitely regret upsetting high quality full time devs and we should avoid this unless something horribly wrong occurs.

2 Likes

They are working for community and this is quite clear that quality of work has been dropped. We are talking about CC Funds, not about OC. Something happened already: work was not done, promises were not fulfilled. Wasting of CC funds happened not even once, its our responsibility to change this and protect ourselves: pay only for done work, not in front. We are not even asking for refund from David yet.

who are “we” though?.. interesting…

What’s the problem? Why accuse me of causing fud? I came here to try and find out why I’m seeing similar addresses on two different grin++ wallets.

Sure, it’s strange that two people came up right after me saying they are also having problems. I also thought it was strange. I actually thought someone might be trying to discredit me.

If you want, we can have a bet, everything in one of the wallets if I’m wrong. If what I’m saying is true, you just match what’s in the wallet and send it my way. I’m happy to send the seed to Tromp, Yeastplume, or David Burkett to confirm my story.

It was always the point of the key holders to keep record of their spends. I’m not sure why you’re suggesting otherwise or why among 3-6 key holders who are obligated to be involved that it is reasonable to have a third party somehow keep track of your behavior… Pretty sure in the time it takes you all to build a tx that you could write down a single line to keep track of it, this was always the expectation and it’s a trivial addition to the task of signing txs

Community! From where you asking to keep you out.

Woah there. I agree with the former sentiment that the current Devs doing excellent work and I commend them on that activity. It is my thinking that maybe the administrative burden of a community collective without corporate governance is likely the key failure here and that is certainly no one’s blame. I guess all that is really needed is some kind of constitution or something. But I also agree with David’s point that they are the only.people out there doing anything atm. So if we did want to change things, well the answer is in our hands.