Technomity new members

I’ll have to spam them with political essays; have you heard of our lord and savoir Spooner?

@igno.peverell governance, I’m ever so slightly worried about the right political views being cowarded out by rapid growth; I read my history its a thing that happens, and wouldn’t you know it when bitcoin gains 20000% in a year it rapidly grows without people knowing what they are actually getting into.

There are 8 members on the committee.

Wouldn’t it be preferable to have an odd number of members on the committee, rather than an even number?

1 Like

Its been 23 days since the first time I asked; am I to just assume the worse and that y’all secretly fbi agents?

1 Like

You should fork the project so that there is a version that is anti-fbi.

The members of this technomity are hard-working, intelligent people whose time is very valuable. As far as I know, they are volunteering for this position.

They do not owe you (or me) answers, as we did not elect or hire them.

1 Like

What @chronos said. And to the best of my knowledge, none of us are FBI agents (do they ever employ Rust developers!?).

What chronos said was hero worship bullshit. I was ignoring it because due diligence is a lesson only learned the hard way.

Your biulding a currency and crowning yourself king of it, forgive your subjects thier asking you to hold a public court so they can know the nature of the law to plan around it’s flaws.

Your asking for donations, and will soon asking for investment. I expect answers before I start making major trades, if that answer is a statement signed with 9 keys that you feel answering them individually threaten your anonymity and will refuse any questions of too high complexity into the future, that would be it’s own answer and highly preferible to ignoring it.

I really would like to know the count of anarchists; it may be inconiquental to you and Chrono but to me it determines the percentage of my savings go into this at launch, for reasons I don’t even care to explain.

Ignore the hero worship, it’s not good for you. And take heavyness of darknet currency seriously.

2 Likes

Your asking for donations, and will soon asking for investment.

What investment?

1 Like

We’re actually refusing all investment offers.

4 Likes

The ‘technomity’ is made up of entirely of people who’ve demonstrated through their actions that they’re eminently capable of contributing to the project and have undertaken to try to assist with the thankless task of project guidance. All of them have an extensive public record of Gitter conversations, Pull Requests, and comments in issues or the mailing list that anyone can sift through to draw their own conclusions. Forcing everyone on the team to answer questions such as ‘do you smoke meth’ or demanding insight into their political views isn’t just pointless, it’s downright insulting and demeaning. If somebody asked me anything like that on a job interview I’d stand up and walk out.

Nobody on this project is asking you for anything, nor will anyone be answering an arbitrary list of intrusive personal questions. If that’s not to your liking, I invite you to take the code, make your own fork and declare yourself Galactic Emperor of it.

5 Likes

Considering other replies in this thread and elsewhere, your persistence makes you come out as a fool. You are not so don’t act like one. If you feel sad that devs don’t pay attention to you, try elsewhere? Maybe this community is too soft for your needs.

“I’m ever so slightly worried about the right political views being cowarded out by rapid growth”

The Right Political Views… What a concept. shudder

2 Likes

I expected more of a fallout honestly.

@jaspervdm @tromp investment as in speculation and time and resource investment in building an ecosystem before the market actually exists; someone is going to have to write the drug market software, the ln network jerryrigging, plug and play payment service, etc.

Even if you don’t feel like your responsible for the former( you are, the orgy of this market isn’t a secret) doubtlessly you do want the latter

@Yeastplume I ask because I care <3

I didn’t ask if you smoke meth, thats a direct reference to McDonald’s(or other low wage shithole) employment questionnaire working to sort out methheads, I’ll find the reference if really necessary. Asking a leading question in the opposite way you want the answer to be so you get a more honest answer, works. I was warning you that I was disingenuous on a phasing of a question.

I expect your success, I’d rather like to take the chance to promote some politics before this reaches 4th? on the charts; I won’t be kissing your feet to do so, its not in my nature. If you find me rude feel free to give me my lumps.

“demanding insight into their political views isn’t just pointless” I’ve already stated I disagree

“If somebody asked me anything like that on a job interview I’d stand up and walk out.” I bet you’d feel differently about someone running for office; my views on government is non-standard but lets just skip to that I view currency as the most important form of government and I take statelessness very seriously. Hey look a stateless currency.

@kargakis I’m an open anarchist, pretense is something I drop quite quickly in a conversation I have practice being viewed as crazy and its awfully hard to be even understood if I don’t.

@Grinners I don’t feel like explaining the joke; but really, that followed the statement “our lord and savoir spooner” couldn’t you have either looked up how awesome spooner is( and therefore the right politics isn’t so bad) or realized that phase is going to be /s?

probably as close as you are going to get to a political tell-all in yeast’s recent post: On Alternative MimbleWimble Projects

By now I’m quite sure the answer is a hard 0. They all be engineers who may or may not picked up some anarchist leanings by proxy, if at all.

Do i just post a history lesson, with links to my favorite primary sources? As a simple example; I think a fair few will find a judge sentencing the liberty dollar guy for counterfeiting (when the bills weren’t even green) mentioning “economic terrorism” relevant to their current profession; even if no one talks about it; and may take their security a bit more seriously.

I mean is it necessary to force a political manifesto into grin?

If the project is focused on privacy and scalability, it doesn’t need any political theming to pull off those functions.

In terms of governance, this project is already taking the grassroots method without a company, ceo, or ico to raise funds.

2 Likes

i am going to state that i have to agree with some of what @monkyyy says.

there are a lot of valid points raised - especially about hierarchy, governance and - perhaps most importantly - regarding the relation between donations and investment.

There has already been some “goodwill offerings” from large entities, of which publicity nor public posturing was required.

of course donations are welcome - and devlopers and community members worthy - but if they come with the baggage of “Poloniex is offering”, “Grinmint is offering”, “CypherBlock is offering”, then i am all can see the rational discord between these being called donations as apposed to investment, or even thinly veiled political positioning.

Yay someone nercod my wonderful first impression. Woooooo

Tldr they be mathz ppl, who are used to polite academic debates, and there was a cultural clash.

Just wanted to announce publicly that almost a month ago Gary Yu (@garyyu) was voted in the Grin council. My apologies for being so late in the announcement. Extremely belated welcome Gary!

The council now includes 9 members (including yours truly).

3 Likes

(Just want to make the info consistent and well informed, pls let me also update this original post)

And regarding myself, I will continue my contributions in Grin project, still working as a part time developer, same as before. But of course, my main time will focus on Gotts project in these near months, or near years, I don’t know exact. So, to be fair, I would prefer to resign from Grin Core team and Grin Council, since those Grin’s important decision making need much time, spirit and better to focus. Sorry about that, but please don’t worry, I’m always here, just like any other enthusiastic member in this community, to provide any help I can for Grin growing.

(The context reference: A New Journey with MimbleWimble )