Governance Agendas & Meeting notes

Links to future meeting agendas and past meeting notes will be posted in this thread as and when they are available.

Meeting notes, October 09

Agenda, October 23

Thanks for consolidating all the links into this thread.

The agenda link for Oct 23 links back to Oct 09 meeting notes. I don’t see a link for Oct 23 agenda in the grin-pm/notes directory either. Is that available somewhere?

Thanks for pointing out - link is now updated (it’s an issue on /grin-pm)

Meeting notes, October 23

Agenda, Nov 6

Meeting notes, Nov 6

Agenda, Nov 20

Meeting notes, Nov 20

Agenda, Dec 04

3 Likes

Thanks for the considerable effort of neatly summarizing the meetings week after week after week, Dan. You’re doing an awesome job!

5 Likes

Meeting notes, Dec 04

Agenda, Dec 18

2 Likes

Great work Lehnberg!

I added a small point to the agenda (on Github) for tommorow, BTW.
Is a comment ok or should I fork and pull?

Thanks! Agenda has been updated. It’s a GitHub issue so no need to fork and pull. :v:

Meeting notes, Dec 18

Agenda, Jan 03

NOTE: DIFFERENT DATE THAN USUAL

Regarding the Genesis message, the statements you included in gov meeting notes sound a lot like the 1 liners for a mission statement. Why not just figure out what the mission is and then put the tag-line in the genesis block?

1 Like

Mission statement != tagline, and mission statement will likely change and evolve over time.

The genesis message, if included, lasts for all grinternety.

mission statement will likely change and evolve over time.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others

Thats highly counter productive.

I have to agree. A mission is something important, a raison d’etre not a whimsical fancy. If the mission statement isn’t tied to the overall long term purpose/mission/vision of the project, then it can’t act as a north star for decision making. If it doesn’t provide a direction for decision making and culture, then it doesn’t mean anything or have a purpose, which is lame. Why even bother?

It seems I’m not expressing myself clearly:

• A message that is encoded into the genesis block, will never change, unless the entire chain is re-organised. That message essentially exists there, unchanged, for as long as the chain exists.

• A mission statement, may change and evolve over time. Ideally, you’d have a mission statement that remains consistent for as long as it makes sense, of course. But who knows for how long Grin will exist? And how can can we possibly claim to know today what will be Grin’s mission for the rest of its existence?

Given the above, it doesn’t seem wise to me to encode a mission statement or a tagline into the genesis block.

1 Like

You expressed yourself fine, I strongly disagree with this

A mission statement, may change and evolve over time. Ideally, you’d have a mission statement that remains consistent for as long as it makes sense, of course. But who knows for how long Grin will exist? And how can can we possibly claim to know today what will be Grin’s mission for the rest of its existence?

I’m claiming that random changes are usually bad and civilizations evolve and are not designed; the longer term the information is stored the more complex and positive the the culture can be. If the bill of rights didn’t exist america would have likely been just another Britain. etc.

While I’m not a conservative by any of the meanings; I’m aware and believe in their base arguments. Including “Chesterton’s fence”

We are here trying to build an important fence and your suggesting it only needs to last the 5 minutes of the average person attention span; I’d rather have it last forever no matter what mission statement wins.

Meeting notes, Jan 03

Agenda, Jan 17

NOTE: DIFFERENT DATE THAN USUAL

1 Like

Meeting notes, Jan 17

Agenda, Jan 29