Funding Request to work mainly on node & wallet core code for the next 2 months once accepted.
Working time: +30-35 hours/week
Funding Request: €12,000
What do I want to achieve in these next 2 months?
(My priorities but not limited, if there’s something that you would like to see and the community agreed on this that’s a necessity, just submit it on the thread. Possibly missing quite some more important features or bugs. Just let me now!)
PRs to fix outstanding issues:
PRs to add features:
- Slatepack address create/verify signature ( asked by @renzokuken )
- Add mining endpoint to Node API · Issue #3201 · mimblewimble/grin · GitHub
- Slatepack Memo
Documents new feature directly on docs.grin.mw and possibly videos as well (if the community want it)
Start working on the Grin Core GUI. (at the end)
Who am I?
I’m a software developer and been following Grin since mi-2019 and started submitting PRs at the end 2020 mostly during my holidays or free time:
- reorg cache fix by deevope · Pull Request #3495 · mimblewimble/grin · GitHub
- better naming of APIs file and variables by deevope · Pull Request #3525 · mimblewimble/grin · GitHub
- `verify-chain` node client arg by deevope · Pull Request #3678 · mimblewimble/grin · GitHub
- better naming of APIs files and variables by deevope · Pull Request #544 · mimblewimble/grin-wallet · GitHub
- [5.0.x] replace .api_secret to .foreign_api_secret by deevope · Pull Request #546 · mimblewimble/grin-wallet · GitHub
- Add the parameter confirmed_height to retrieve_tx owner_api method by deevope · Pull Request #606 · mimblewimble/grin-wallet · GitHub
- View Wallet - fn rewind_hash & scan_rewind_hash by deevope · Pull Request #632 · mimblewimble/grin-wallet · GitHub
- TOR bridge + TOR Proxy + migration config_file_version by deevope · Pull Request #617 · mimblewimble/grin-wallet · GitHub
The time spent on those PRs and following community discussions gave me good experience and knowledge of the core code and the tech globally. Always liked to help community members through their problems endured until it’s resolved.
Note, this funding request does not mean that it will become a mandatory funding on my side to work on grin code in the future. So far, it always been voluntary and motivated by the pleasure to interact with the community and play with the tech behind it.