End of March, my funding from the previous campaign will expire.
This is a request for a 3 month extension
(Apr - Jun 2020) in order for me to continue to be able to support Grin with the type of contributions I’ve been doing since 2019.
Same rate as last:
I’ll be adding this request to the agenda for the Mar 24 Governance meeting.
The original motivation still holds true today:
Beyond work on the main grin (node/wallet/miner) repositories, work on the admin side of the project has evolved over the past year. The /grin-pm repo is now a place where we track general project management issues, meeting notes, event presentations, financial data, and more.
I think this work adds value and is important for the project’s health, for it’s good governance, and for progress to be made faster.
Grin would get reliable and consistent support for the non-development related tasks, that would help achieve its potential quicker.
Specific tasks in-scope
Same as last:
- Meeting related admin
- Financials / book keeping
- Keep grin-pm/financials/ up do date.
- Publish quarterly transparency reports
- News reporting
- Media relations
- Focal point for media enquiries
- Weekly status report to keep track of progress.
- Manage /grin-rfcs and /grin-security repos and the related processes.
- Focal point for corporate donors and ecosystem requests.
- GBP £2,500/month
- 3 months, Q2 2020, apr-jun.
- Ring-fenced around admin tasks
Weekly progress logs from previous campaigns
Evaluation of Q1 2020 period
To be posted separately once the period ends.
The intention is to raise this as a discussion point in the Mar 24 Governance meeting and ask for the request to be approved.
Mar 09: First version