Request for funding @antioch, Apr-Jun (Q2) 2021

My current funding period has come to an end and I would like to request a continuation for Q2 (Apr-Jun) 2021.

Previous funding request -

Related status updates -

My previous funding request was initially focused on 3 defined deliverables -

• full archival node
  • late-locking (tx pre-generation)
  • coin-control (in context of late locking)

The first was successfully completed, has been in use by various parties on mainnet and will be included in the next official release 5.1.0.
The remaining two did not happen. This was primarily due the emergency hardfork, upending priorities.

I think the “deliverable based funding” experiment was worth running. But I think it has highlighted the need for some greater flexibility, specifically within the core team, to be able to quickly reprioritize as necessary. Deliverables are going to inevitably slip, particularly with such a small team of contributors.

So I am requesting funding for the next three months in the “original style” of working wherever I’m most effective and needed at any given point in time.
Initially this is going to be focused on getting 5.1.0 into a releasable state and getting the release out the door. After this I think there is more work to be done on node stability - the fallout from the hardfork and recovery has highlighted some lingering stability issues. And I think the hardfork let us see and understand these a little more clearly.
Beyond that I’m not sure what my priorities will be and I’m hesitant to commit to anything right now.

Standard funding terms - 10k EUR monthly for 3 months Apr-Jun.

15 Likes

I’m sure I’m not the only one that whole-heartedly appreciates Antioch’s quick and decisive action in rolling back the chain of the grin-core node. Classic case of an experienced gardener who was able to to nip it in the bud.

1 Like