Report of funding

Okay I’m was just think that’s is like normal to get no info 6 months😅

Note that even without any report, anyone can trivially check spending since the Grin CC BTC wallet uses a single address. The reports are just more convenience since they show the annotation for each transactions:

Grin is a unfortunately not as easy to monitor since there are no ViewKey, but the value of that wallet is also not that big compared to BTC funds.

2 Likes

If anyone will also update reserves on grin.mw and some data about will be great also
But yep we can see that’s btc left, it’s more about - where and why

2 Likes

That payment tracking both shows whom to paid and why, date, funding request and below GrinCC last Balance.

If we link payment tracking to GrinCC.mw site, displaying the last balance as it grin.mw

it would be simple and clear.

1 Like

Yep it can be like this

Thanks Danila for raising this point, I think his intention is not to blame or judge someone but purely to know what’s going on.
I see that we have several obsolete information in the page Grin that should be pointing to finance/payment-tracking.md at main · grincc/finance · GitHub to replace old GitHub - mimblewimble/grin-pm: Grin project management resources and docs
To me, having updated financial data can gain trust from the views of new visitors when browsing the Grin homepage.

2 Likes

I added GrinCC url in the funding page, waiting for validation and commit.

1 Like

We need more detailed reports from OC to increase quality. My suggestion is to describe every working hour/rate for transparency and possible correctness of efficiency at minimum bi-weekly timeline. What was done, what will be done should be mirrored at Kanban board of the project.

1 Like

Increase quality of work or reports?

I strongly disagree with this. The nature of contributing to Grin is already pretty invasive because the reports are public. It’s already hard enough to find competent people that are ok with broadcasting their salary to the world while risking people judging their work by commits. I generally feel that if I have to report every hour of my work, it’s better to just switch jobs because nobody trusts you and I’d definitely never work if every hour of my work was broadcast to the whole world. I find the urge of controlling spent hours off putting and many of my colleagues feel the same. Besides, more often than not, adding bureaucracy hurts productivity and motivation and it’s really a trap many companies fall into because they want to feel they’re in control.

I agree it’s good to have an overview on what people are working on and believe the post Yeast’s made captures the important information around that. I’m not against kanban boards, but I’m also not convinced we absolutely need one at this stage (we have a single core dev atm). Anyone interested in what’s going is probably going to find the important parts in the update post. If something is missing, I suggest we ask a question on the thread or on keybase. I’d love more involvement there and make things more active :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Too much as I’m think with hours and etc, pls let’s not start this practice. I’m know it sounds like something good and usual but in the end it’s more for work with fake activities

I think both, this work will be more valuable in eyes of community.

I accept your point, as we are at R&D stage its hard to ask people to make TimeSheets at this stage.

3 Likes

I believe the best way to improve everyone’s quality of work is to contribute and motivate each other. Any “brain heavy” work is best done when our brains get excited. At least that’s how it works for me :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Phyro. I’m not going to get drawn into a long discussion about all of this, but the project has been around for a good while now. It’s unique in a lot of ways and resourcing has always been extremely challenging for many reasons, (only a handful of which are alluded to here). I think a lot of the community understands this. Things have been tried with the best of intentions that ended up being total disasters, and trying to put a load of premature structure and constraints into what’s already a challenging environment isn’t something I’m going to be supporting any time soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion but my opinion is that it’s not productive due to several reasons:

• We’re not an enterprise to control dev team, all is adult to know when to work and what should be done
  • We stay here just because of motivation and belief on the future of project even 4 years the prices going down, I think people who still stay here already discounted their hour rate for the project.
  • We currently lack of resources to do it
  • We do not focus on the deadline to archive something fast with vulnerable codes.
1 Like