Proposal: Grin Governance Iteration

I approve of the governance proposal, and my response is based on the structure and recommendations it includes.

I apologize if this is redundant or obvious.

As a comnunity member, I support this proposal as-is for the initial governance next step.

I recommend and suoport that either the council or the core team delegate to a small group (I recommend exactly 3) the folliwing tasks:

1. Define and publish first revision of RFC process. Call it RFC #0.

2. Draft and shepheard (sponsor?) RFC #1 to implement the governance proposal here, using the RFC #0 process (which, of course, would bring in wider participarion via whatever means are defined in RFC #0).

All other suggestions, related or unrelated may progress forward here in the forum until RFC #s 0 and 1 are adopted, and subsequently flow through the RFC process.

I further recommend that the adoption of RFC #0 be time-boxed to prevent possible delays from any attempt to create the perfect RFC #0.

I have significant trust in the current leadership/council as evidenced by their achievements thus far.

I believe the open RFC process/concept has perhaps the best track record for ensuring that open distributed systems retain a steady and healthy emergent growth and evolution.

Respectfully,
-james aka qxotk aka condios luz verde

1 Like