Now that the
simplify-governance RFC has been accepted, I’m putting together a check list of steps to take to implement the changes.
What are the necessary steps to:
- Make clear there is only the council now, no core team, and that all other teams are self-organizing;
- Make clear that the forum, keybase, repos, website, etc that we are not speaking on behalf of “wider Grin” and instead are centred around the MW/Grin (Rust) implementation.
Anything we need to do on keybase?
Anything on the forum we should do? Should we create a specific “Grin++” forum category perhaps?
On RFCs, I was thinking of making sure RFC0002 is deprecated and clearly marked as replaced by this new RFC.
On grin.mw, what should we do? I was thinking of:
- Mention on the front page somehow that the website specifically relates to the rust implementation.
- Remove the core team from /governance and put a smaller text based mention of the technocratic council, without mentioning members. Maybe also link to the new RFC and some text about how everyone is supposed to self organise.
- Update /funding to make it explicit that donations go to the benefit of the rust implementation, but that we may consider funding other projects as well as per the fund spending guidelines RFC.
- Do we need to do anything on /download? Should we make a clearer distinction between MW/Grin and Grin++ downloads?
- Anything else we need to do on website?
Anything else we need to do anywhere else for that matter?
Please share your thoughts. (cc: @paouky)