Incoming hostile takeover of the Grin CC

Every time the trolls appear, the price pumps… hold onto your bags, boys n girls, we’ve got a live one!

2 Likes

We live every day, just die one :rofl:

1 Like

As mentioned, the CC doesn’t control the main Grin repo, the OC does and always has. CC controls ~33% of the total funding that was donated to the project.

1 Like

well also a codebase is just a codebase, its legal to fork it and not run upgrades if you don’t want to

If degeneration’s arrive we just will have an entertaining meme contest on that topic.
But I doubt they will even be interested in Grin. These armies of trolls :troll: :troll: :troll: have more to gain by creating FUD for Bitcoin and are most likely paid for it handsomely :moneybag:. Who in their right mind would pay trolls to create FUD for Grin…? To little money to be made with Grin.
They probably would only pay to cross-post Bitcoin FUD…

Ahhh, no. :rofl::joy:. I’m trying to blow up the bridge to slow the advance of the incoming hoards. While you want to play the fiddle.

I don’t care about them using it, I care about them taking it over and making Grin a proof of stake protocol, or heavens forbid, non interactive at the base layer.

Why is everyone ignoring what I’m saying? I don’t care if they come here, I care about a takeover.

And where did you see someone trying to take over grin, make it pos etc?

Narrative is a major driving factor of why it’s worth billions. Narrative will also be a major driving factor of why grin will also be worth billions.

Which is why the way the assassination of the Bitcoin narrative of digital gold and the Bitcoin maxis that support it is so surprising. The last time the narrative changed, I did not even realise it. One day, some guy is talking about paying for coffee with bitcoin, then slowely, before you know, it’s morphed into digital gold.

I’m not against evolution, I’m definitely against revolution, especially by barbrains who come under the guise of freedom. I know what they want, so, my aim is to cripple them before they can have a chance to think about a takeover.

There are no chicks here. :sunglasses:

Did the OC not also control 100% of the funds? So, are you saying there is no way to topple the OC, or take control of the repo using the CC?

How did you become a CC member, how long do you serve, and how many votes to remove you? I would also ask the same of the OC.

I’m talking about when Grin blows up, and it will. The Bitcoin narrative of digital gold is being murdered right now, just go on Twitter, or listen to some of the podcasts out there ( lura shin had an episode out a few weeks ago) and see for yourself. Grin now is beyond doubt the no.1 protocol to take the digital gold mantle without a doubt.

You think they won’t come and attack grin when it’s worth 10, 15,…billion?

All I’m saying is don’t get yourselves removed easily. Add obstacles just in case. And if I’m wrong, CC members get to serve a few months extra without being replaced.

That’s my point, I’m thinking ahead. I’m watching the bitcoin assassination and playing out potential scenarios that can impact Grin, and trying to see if the base can absorb the incoming shocks. Google scenario planning military. Business, and other organisations also use it to plan for the future.

Main thing to realise is that both OC and CC manage their funds based on technocratic considerations and solid argumentation. If a thousand people would scream to change Grins POW to POS, we would simply say, fork the repository and start your own project since thery would not be able to bring arguments that are convincing enough to change to POS.
The worst degenerates can do is waste some of our time and energy on useless discussions or taking some of our time for moderating them.

1 Like

You don’t know these guys. When i say savages, I mean savages(these ones are savage light). Just listen in on these nutters here, it’s live now:

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1RDxlaNkYzqKL

You never answered my questions, how many votes to topple you…?

You lot are fucking shish kebab. This is your voting process?

Voting process

We’ll do approval voting by “Like”-ing the candidates you prefer over the others, who you refrain from “Like”-ing,

Note that liking all of them has the same effect as liking none of them, although your votes are still counted.

Likes from accounts created after the original call for candidates will be discarded, as will a Like from the candidate themselves.

@Skyr If you are persistently interested in this concern, you should read more into the history of the OC. As I believe Igno put it more or less “Grin is not a democracy”. The community cannot vote the OC out of their position.

1 Like

I was trying to get the CC to be a bit less democratic. I give up anyway, as no one seems to be listening. So, I’m just going to have to coup them. I’m even going to tell them how I’m going to do it, and they can’t do a dam thing about.

1. I’m going to create 100-200 fake profiles with their own little quarks and personalities all thanks to AI.

2. I’m going to select a few to stand out and they will be more engaged than other with leadership potential.

3. I’m going to undermine the current CC, and constantly attack, and monitor everything that they do.

And one by one, I will pic them off and install myself as the CC Supreme Leader.

This is off the cuff plan of attack, will update as the plan kicks off.

Sure, it’s theoretically possible. But OC are going to be far more protective of the protocol than CC. So you’re probably baking up the wrong alley there.

What is the actual premise of your post? Some type of Ordinals might be theoretically possible on Grin, but in reality, it would be almost impossible to execute. So the NFT folk won’t be coming to Grin. I’d love to see an attempted hostile takeover by some NFT bros, it would be great publicity, but it’s a ~0% probability.