Grin and Grin wallet 3.0.0-beta.1 have been released and are ready for public testing in advance of the full release slated for early January.
There are a lot of new features in this release, with transactions exchange via TOR, Payment Proofs and many node sync improvements being a few. But with great change comes a great need for public testing, so we urge the entire community to help out with the effort:
Particular Areas to focus on for testing
- Sync a new chain from scratch
- Replace binary, using chain data from previous versions
- Sending between 3.0.0 wallets and 2.x.x wallets
- Sending/receiving between a 3.0.0 wallet and your exchange of choice (use small test amounts!)
- Sending and receiving transactions via TOR, see the wallet change nodes below for how to do this.
- Requesting payment proofs
- IMPORTANT: Run a floonet node and perform transactions on floonet during the floonet test hardfork, scheduled for block 298,080, estimated to happen on or around December 19th.
- Wallet Developers - Using the new V3 wallet API functions, see notes below for details
Major changes and enhancements (Please note this information may change before release)
- TUI logs screen
- Node API V2
- fast sync validation now shows progress during kernel and rangeproof validation
- Enable fast sync (consensus changes)
- Fix for tcp stream nonblocking flag
- No more checking (old) orphans during txhashset write (fast sync)
- Ability to stop txhashset mid download (fast sync)
Details for all node changes for the 3.0.0 release can be found here:
- Detailed notes on all walllet changes for both users and upstream developers can be found here. Note that 3.0.0 wallets are able to transact with 2.x.x wallets with caveats around new feaures as outlined in the notes.
Details on all wallet changes for the 3.0.0 release can be found here: