Grin community projects - brainstorm & kickstart - funding available

Tradeogre looks like a half dex:)

Tradeogre is a centralised exchange, but from a user point of view that is not a big issue as long as you can trade BTC for Grin and vise versa.

This is definitely a worthy project to fund in my opinion.

3 Likes

What if there was an open source grin exchange platform similar to an early version of shapeshift? Then it could be integrated into Grin++ and IronBelly for easy swaps between BTC and GRIN. Sure, itā€™d be nice if there was no custody involved, but current exchanges are custody based. At least with this ā€œgrinshiftā€ idea, weā€™d have an accessible way to exchange GRIN and it could be community run.

all thise swap platform support only coins that are on binance and other good know exchange

One idea would be to start our own liquidity apart from known exchanges like Binance.

TradeOgre is good exchange but people are lazy or dont want hold coins on small exchange ,so even if we build somethings new people will dont use it everyone are lazy buy coins on other exchange that already dont use . and Grin cant work like uniswap

Right. Suppose we just wait until larger exchanges finish supporting withdraw and deposit. When itā€™s available on Binance and Coinbase, we may see a lot more market activity. The only question is, what are these exchanges waiting for?

we are in defi bull run and every day are new token that exchange list

is really sad what is crypto now all new create defi platform with 1 developer can turn into top 100 in 1 day with lots of volume trade

New idea: A place where you can short Grin (borrow Grin to sell). Good idea; or is this already available?

EDIT: The idea would drive price way down, which would be good for the community because now we have cheaper grin to start stacking. Price discovery would act quicker, maybe?

I think Gate exchange have something like that but am to sure is long time when i use or trade Grin

I wonder if Grin lending could be implemented at the protocol level? Alice lends 100 GRIN to Bob while Bob puts up 100 GRIN as collateral. Bob is able to spend the loan until the loanā€™s term has expired. After the loanā€™s term, if Bob hasnā€™t paid back the 100 GRIN + interest, the collateral is given to Alice.

Coinbase is waiting on certified legal opinions on where Grin is tradeable throughout the worldā€¦

5 Likes

Just an Idea of trustles decentralized peer2peer online Poker. Could the Grin protocol be used for it with payment-channels? If so, that could maybe demonstrate how grin-protocol is more efficient and scaleable than any other blockchain today.

1 Like

I will add it to the list.

For example, a Wordpress plugin. I already started working abit on a Grin PHP library.

2 Likes

Interesting. Iā€™m sure Brian Armstrong will be supportive :wink:

Send Grin by ā€œswipeā€ to reciver.
On ios\anroid.

just slide your finger towards the recipient

I want GRIN used in the new wave of decentralized social media. Iā€™m talking about the Fediverse (a social network made up of thousands of independent social media sites). Iā€™m not exactly sure at first thought how to implement this or on what level it could be used for but Iā€™m working on that.

btw for those interested in decen. social media a great video to watch to get a basic idea of the Fediverse is Fixing Social Media for Good posted by Luke Smith on Jan 13/2021