Grin Community Candidates for fund granting control: Anynomous

BUMP of my candidacy post which kind of got lost in all the chatter since I submitted my candidacy before the other candidates. Also I want to clarify a bit my reason of becoming a candidate in the first place.

During the last governance meeting it was discussed that there is little support for Fund Alternative: Another Split Fund Proposal and that the Fund Alternative: A Split Fund Proposal does have support.
This is exactly why I chose to support the simple Fund Alternative: A Split Fund Proposal from day one, since 1) I feared the alternative might threaten the unity within the project and 2) since the Split fund Proposal is the simplest solution to bridge between the council and the community and get greater efficiency by dividing task and focus while working unified to having a great Grin ecosystem.

Also I want to emphasize that within council members, there should not only be looked at technical qualification but also at communication skills and attitude.
The few ‘cracks’ in unity I have witnessed within the project in the last years can mostly be attributed to sub-optimal communication of various parties and short tempers which led to the perception/illusion of disunity.
We are all human, so making mistakes is fine. But I mention this to avoid having history repeat and repeat, because technocrats are not always superb communicator. Therefore my belated input to the selection process would be to consider that “Communication is key” and should be carefully considered in selecting candidates.

My personal motivation for becoming a candidate is because I want to have a strong, harmonious en unified community for Grin and since I have enough background in crypto to make assessments of the viability of various ideas. I think I have a positive attitude within the project and unifying qualities. Some of the other community council candidates also have these qualities. As long as we get a strong council with a positive attitude that works towards having a great unified community and ecosystem, I will stay positive an grinning, whether that is as regular community member or as part of a council.
Thanks for reading :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes