Anouncement: Grin Community Council election - ENDED

I did not vote because not a single announcement about it said HOW to cast your vote, just that we were supposed to.

2 Likes

Its based on social sentiment (i.e., comments, opinions) and likes. I think

1 Like

You vote by liking and optionally giving comments to endorse or object against candidates.
The whole procedure is described in the detailed election guidelines which the first post of this thread links to. You can also find this information in any previous election topic, or by asking others on any of the Grin channels (KeyBase, forum, Telegram, etc.)

2 Likes

Seems very easily exploitable using sockpuppets. I doubt anyone would actually do that, but for such a big responsibility it seems very easy to game the election process.

2 Likes

Yes, just because grin community is really tiny, we can’t expect much.

1 Like

As you can read in the election guidelines there are some protective measures by having the following requirements for voting.

1. minimal forum trust level 1
  2. only votes created by accounts before the election star are counted
  3. only objections and endorsements accompanied by valid arguments are taken into consideration

In case that turns out to be insufficient, we can enable other protection mechanism such as using forum trust level to created weighted votes, but for now it looks like our existing protective measures are sufficient.

1 Like