After 1.5 years still NO ''Transactions for ALL''

Hello, first of all I’m sorry to hear that you’ve lost coins, I hope it’s not permanently. What happened?

The phrase you quote (“Electronic transactions for all”) is not something that comes from a core decision. We, the people who were around and active on the forum at the time, had a lot of different ideas for what Grin’s vision and mission statement, should be. What we wanted Grin to aim to reach, at some point. We even took a vote about it, but in the end were not able to reach a conclusive decision when we tried to agree on a final mission statement. I did some digging in the old meeting notes just now and found this note that you might find interesting:

I think it’s accurate to say that we’d like Grin to be usable for everyone. I also think it’s accurate to say that we’re not there yet, we have a lot of work to do before we get there. That’s why we’re here. :+1:

If you think something is incorrect in the text on the website, you have a chance to improve it for all of us, you can make suggestions or submit a pull request against the repo directly: GitHub - mimblewimble/site: Website for MimbleWimble and Grin development

The phrase you refer to is here: https://github.com/mimblewimble/site/blob/ebf69aa8267659b50a844f89f7fba39fe513be9c/index.html#L13

5 Likes