Yeastplume - Progress update thread - April to June 2020

Update Friday, May 29th 2020,

Last few weeks have been fairly brutal work-wise, trying to finish defining and implementing all of the changes required for slatepack. Just lost about 2 days worth of work to a bug in a dependency that prevented TOR sends from working altogether, but there’s hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel. And given we’re supposed to be releasing a beta next tuesday, there isn’t much tunnel left.

Numerous PRs created and merged over the past couple of weeks, which I won’t go over in too much detail here. I’ll leave perusing through them as an exercise for the interested reader. The end result, of course is that we should have the Slatepack formats + encryption + workflows ready for the 4.0.0 beta release, with the only real major thing outstanding on my side being the actual changes to the CLI to integrate them into the workflow

I see all of the other issues and conversations and threads going on, but I’m famously bad at concentrating on more than a particular issue at a time so bear with me. Trying to get the previous batch of developments and ideas implemented is a bit like being stuck cleaning up the mess from the last firehose while someone tries to attract your attention by pointing another firehose full of chunky ideas for your immediate consideration at you. But I should hopefully be able to breathe a bit after the 4.0.0 beta is released and start thinking about some of the other things going on.

9 Likes