Request for Funding: BLS sigs research

I decided to follow @antioch’s advise and break the project into several (pre-requisite) tasks, so I am halting the funding request. Hopefully in the process the community will gain more confidence in my capabilities.

I think that the top priorities are:

1. GandalfThePink’s document - I will study the proposal in greater detail, and report.
  2. Review the overall security - this requires some research work: read the relevant papers, understand the attacks, verify the claims and understand their applicability.

I hoped that the discussion here would mostly revolve around the content of the project, to help in shaping it, like @antioch and @johndavies24 feedback (the goal set by Grin is to explore BLS, so it is mostly a research, rather than a constructive, work. The interest in BLS is clear, and the proposed project aimed to give an initial construction, but developing it further on to a complete kernel aggregation construction is in fact another open problem on Grin’s list).

Yes, I do.

If this is reversible, let me know. It seems to me that you get upset with what I said about pricing my proposal. I think that our point of view is just different. I have been working in the industry and know my value there. I think that comparing to academia is a bit problematic, for example professors know that they have job security for life - here we are talking about a single project.
We had some previous discussion on keybase, so I’ll answer there. I hope it’s fine by you.

5 Likes