On dual PoW, Graph rates, gps, and Difficulty

Excuse me for my misinformation. You’re right the Primary is 781000gps right now. When ASIC’s start hopping on the network I don’t think finding cards to mine cuckatoo31 will be the best option. Right now we’re the most profitable coin to mine, period. Maybe Cuckaroo 29 should focus on eliminating lower memory cards from the network to get rid of the huge difficulty that the secondary has, even though the secondary network has dropped to 859127 gps. I have no complaints at the moment. Only future concerns.

However I do applaud the work done to configure allow 570’s and more GPU’s to connect to the Cuckatoo31 network.

Even thats one 0 too much - its 78100 :wink:

1 Like

Hi Tromp. Is all the information in this post are still accurate? I’m doing a calculation in excel and found that most mining pool display the network secondary hashrate double of what I am getting. Only way to get to the same value is to change this formula “SR29 = ND * (42 / 60) * 90% / S29” to “SR29 = ND * (21 / 60) * 90% / S29”

No, the info in this post was specific to Cuckaroo, which had half the expected number of solutions of the current Cuckarood. So you indeed need to replace 42 by 21 to get the Cuckarood solution rate.

thanks for the quick reply! For Cuckarood any other thing from that post that changed ? also is their a complete updated formula I can see somewhere? I am trying to get something functional in a spreadsheet where I only need to input the difficulty, secondary scalling and block number to get C31 and C29 network hashrate

good news: the Grin C31/32 ASIC will come out in February.

good for grin in long term.

1 Like

With only the primary PoW left, we now have the simpler

Cuckatoo32 graph rate = Network Difficulty * (42 / 60) / 16384 ~ Network Difficulty / 23405.7

For example, block 1094772, which just happened, had a Network Difficulty of 165472308 which translates to a graph rate of 165472308 / 23405.7 ~ 7070 gps.

That’s the equivalent of 7070 / 1.4 = 5050 Ipollo G1-mini ASIC miners.
If you’re solomining with one of those, you’d expect a 60 Grin reward every 5050 minutes, which is approximately twice a week.

9 Likes

s all the information in this post are still accurate?

Sure. Nothing has changed since February,

1 Like

Thanks for you quick reply.. .