Non-interactive transactions for the MW blockchain

Hi @Andi, It’s great seeing someone new put a lot of thought into new schemes for MW. Seeing that you’re new to the forum, I’m not sure if you’re familiar with some noninteractive schemes that were presented in the past. I think the two most comprehensive noninteractive schemes were LIP-04 and MingleJingle. It might be good to compare your scheme to theirs, although to be fair, the community we have today seems to be slowly embracing the interactive nature of it - it’s not as bad as people first believe!

Here’s a link to one of the discussions on the topic An open discussion on Non-interactive transactions and a transaction type comparison table I made a few years ago. I think the forum post I linked above contains valuable conversation around the topic. A lot of noninteractive schemes introduce a lot more complexity to the protocol than we have today (as can be seen from LIP-04 images). I’m personally not convinced adding such complexity is a good thing because the simple construction of MW is one of it’s unique characteristics and so is its interactive nature once people learn to live with it.

4 Likes