Jaspervdm - Progress update thread

Unfortunately last week was a bit slow due to me being sick in the middle of it for a few days. Thought I’d write an update regardless, just to explain the current focus. According to the priorities defined in the v5.0 release planning I am assigned to 2 items, which I have both been mentioning in the past weeks. I am spending my time (together with the other assignees) on these to make the first milestone: first beta in little less than a month.

• Late locking: this is well underway, a part from a pesky bug we still have to fix. This requires some investigating, to be done in the coming week
  • Partial PIBD: this is assigned P3, because it is not crucial to be included during a Hard Fork. I think it would be best to limit the scope for this to purely the response and requests by the clients. It saves us some headache if we introduce it now as opposed to after the HF, as it would mean all nodes will have the feature. As a large part of the RFC and impl is done, I think we can realistically make this deadline. Then, in the future we can introduce the new sync procedure in a new node version whenever it is ready, as it requires no further consensus/p2p changes.
4 Likes