Ironbelly - Progress update thread (Sep - Dec 2020)

Hey everyone, it’s time for another update!

As of now both Android and iOS latest versions support Grin Addresses and Slatepack :partying_face:
Besides there is a couple things I’ve packed into the latest release as well:

• Automatic background update of the transactions state, so no need to pull down manually!
  • Slightly different unlocking wallet mechanism under the hood, which would allow to speed things up a bit as well as removes the need to store password in JavaScript environment in the upcoming release.
  • Android should have a slightly faster Fingeprint unlock mechanism.
  • Implemented automatic screenshot taking before each release (Apple rejected a build recently because the screenshots were not up to date)
  • And as always minor cosmetic lift-up and optimizations :slight_smile:

What’s next?

Here is my current roadmap:

• Bring QR codes for encoding Slatepacks and Grin addresses (should be in the next release)
  • Minimize places where sensitive data is exposed to the JavaScript runtime (continue my effort, which I’ve started in the current release).
  • Introducing PIN instead of a password, which would allow to increase level of security and create a better UX for unlocking.
  • Ability to change PIN

Also, I’m planning to release version 5.x of the wallet with a complete support of the upcoming hardfork on time!

Deprecation note!

After the upcoming hardfork Ironbelly would not support http and file transactions in favor of Grin addresses and Slatepack.

14 Likes