Grin Mining FAQ - All of the answers to your mining questions

Don´t confuse “value” with “price”.

1 Like

Can this be updated with the new PoW update (equigrin + cuckoo cycle) so that we can see the impact?

I think we might want to have it at least partially implemented to know all the impacts :slight_smile:

Video guide to mining on windows by @photon

8 Likes

hi. where can i download wallet for GRIN win7 x64?

If I’m not wrong, there is no windows wallet atm.
But somebody is coding one -> Grin++ Status Update - Jan 9

Hey, guys!
One question - I tried running the mining software on my AMD rig - 6 x RX580 8GB. There shouldn’t be any problem to run the mining software as I read, but I have problems. 1 or 2 of the cards start mining, the others stay on STARTING and I see this error message in the logs:

2019-01-13T17:19:33Z ERROR, Failed to start worker process: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
2019-01-13T17:19:39Z ERROR, Exception in # File: Worker.cs # Line: 233 # Member: SendJob Message: Value cannot be null.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

1 Like

I’m getting the exact same issue as well.

UPDATE: Changed config.xml connection settings and it fixed the issue:

<ConnectionAddress>eu-west-stratum.grinmint.com</ConnectionAddress>
<ConnectionPort>3416</ConnectionPort>
<Ssl>false</Ssl>

Something is teribli wrong with my config file. 0 compatible GPU’s detected.
How exactly should I edit the file in order to run the miner smoothly.
Windows7x64
Just downloaded the latest version of the miner and here what happens when started. Cuda solver gives me an error : Unable to create kernels

aa

I found the problem - the miner is working only with the crimson amd drivers, so you have to download them. It didn’t work with the adrenaline ones for AMD.

1 Like

Hi all! Having issues using Bminer 12.1 (and 12.0.1) on GrinMint (via HiveOS) … was working fine for a while, now getting very low share rate … some people saying GrinMint is borked … tried all ports and both US and EU connections … works fine on other pools but I wanna use GrinMint! Any idea how to fix this?

thanks! :slight_smile:

[WARN] [2019-01-18T14:48:48-08:00] Rejected share #0 ({“code”:-32501,“message”:“Share rejected due to low difficulty”})
[INFO] [2019-01-18T14:48:49-08:00] Accepted share
[INFO] [2019-01-18T14:48:54-08:00] Received new job 1
[WARN] [2019-01-18T14:48:54-08:00] Rejected share #0 ({“code”:-32501,“message”:“Share rejected due to low difficulty”})
[INFO] [2019-01-18T14:49:05-08:00] [GPU 0] Speed: 3.80 H/s Temp: 69C Fan: 47% Power: 119W 0.03 H/J
[INFO] [2019-01-18T14:49:05-08:00] [GPU 1] Speed: 3.28 H/s Temp: 70C Fan: 32% Power: 117W 0.03 H/J
[INFO] [2019-01-18T14:49:05-08:00] Total 7.08 H/s Accepted shares 11 Rejected shares 35

bminer is borked, not GrinMint. bminer is sending all shares to the pool, regardless if they meet the difficulty minimum specfied by the pool - hence the “Share rejected due to low difficulty” messages. The problem doesn’t appear on some pools because those pools only request the lowest possible difficulty, so it’s not possible for bminer to return shares of a lower difficulty.

1 Like

Interesting … thanks for your feedback … and also interesting … I’m seeing the dashboard on GrinMint reporting a normal share/stale/rejected ratio … but a very low hashrate (30 on my miner panel but only 5 on GrinMint) … weird cuz it was working fine the day of launch. I can transition to GrinMiner I suppose I was using BMiner cuz I’ve been using it for other things. Thanks!

bminer has said that it is indeed their problem and that they are working on it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2519271.msg49300977#msg49300977

2 Likes

bminer 12.2.0 has been released with the fix for the “Share rejected due to low difficulty” problem.

1 Like

thanks Dwayne! cheers!

okay so i have a question here, i have seen that this coin is supposed to be ASIC resistant and then i see a post about it being where your saying its supposed to be only asic only, can you elaborate on this and why? you have two diff post and why you want one over the other? thank you

there are two stage for mining in this coin. first with ASIC resistant hw and then gradually ASIC frienly.

I’ve been reading a lot about Grin mining but there’s a question I haven’t found an answer for: how does Grin deal with mining difficulty and block production? Is there a automatic adjustment as in other PoW cryptos? Does it work the same way, or not, for C29 and C31+? Thanks in advance for your answers!

oh okay thank you for clarifying that i heard XRN is doing this as well TY again