Grin v5.0.0 network upgrade (Hard Fork 4: January 2021)

You can fill in the testnet fork height now: 642_240

2 Likes

So there is no Grin33 algorithm and the Grin32 will be the final one, is it right?

From HF4, the PoW is Cuckatoo32+, which is a miner’s choice of
Cuckatoo32 or Cuckatoo33 or Cuckatoo34 or … or Cuckatoo63.
In practice, I expect we won’t be seeing any Cuckatoo33 (let alone others) for a long time, considering it has double the memory requirements, as well as the awkward word size.

1 Like

Thanks for your update. So could it be considered that no new algorithms will appear in the next 1 or 2 years? I want to buy an iPollo G1, but not sure how long it can work. According to my friend’s information, he said the algorithm should be changed this time, and Cuckatoo32 will be deprecated in August. Is it true?

No more change.
Your friend is misinformed.

3 Likes

Banner shows still 4.1.1.Not updated?

1 Like

The hard fork didn’t happen yet.

1 Like

as of now 7533 blocks remaining until hard fork.
Checkout our countdown clock at Grinnode.live website.

Link: https://grinnode.live/

6 Likes

We are ready for fork?

3 Likes

For such a break hard fork, can someone list here Exchanges which support the Slatepack/tor address transactions?

See here.

Thanks and that is a really nice list.

WHat does this mean for hodlers who have not accessed their cold storage in a while and thu sdo not have a TOR address?

Every wallet has a TOR address. Some have yet to show it though.

1 Like

I last interacted with my GRIN wallet in 2019 and never used TOR actively yet. Does that mean there is no action needed on my part?

Tor is just a new method to transact, it doesn’t have any other effect on your wallet. Your funds are safe.

1 Like

Has the bifurcation been completed so far? Can the wallet transfer be used normally?

Hard fork with succes or not ?

Is hard to make an official statement about that ?

The 4th hard fork (that was really a network upgrade) was successful.

10 Likes

After this hard fork, is it possible to continue mining only by purchasing a professional miner? Can household graphics card still mine?

3 Likes